1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
2 teaspoons aluminum and gluten free baking powder
2 medium (250g) zucchini, grated
3/4 cup currants
3/4 cup sultanas
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup ivory or brown teff flour
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a 14x20cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, bicarb and baking powder together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add zucchini, currants, sultanas, pecans and mix gently.
- Fold in coconut and teff flour and combine all ingredients gently together.
- Spoon into loaf tin and bake 45-55min or until cooked when tested with a skewer, remove from oven and allow to rest in tin for 20 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve with a smear of butter and a cup of tea.
- Store 1-2 days in an airtight container or slice and freeze for toast in the weeks ahead.