1/2 cup brown teff grains
1 1/2 cup water
3 sheets of nori
soy sauce for dipping
a sushi mat
1. Combine the water and teff in a sauce pan over medium high heat, add a sprinkle of salt. When the mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
2. In the mean time, cut the avocado into cubes , wash the carrots and cut into strips.
3. Once the teff is cooked, transfer to a medium bowl and let cool for 30 minutes.
4. Once the teff is no longer steaming, place a sheet of nori on the sushi mat. Take 3 spoonful of teff and spread it on the nori, and take some of the avocado and carrots and add those as well.
5. Start rolling the sushi and make sure that you tighten the mat and it forms a roll.
6. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
7. Cut sushi roll into small pieces, enjoy with soy sauce.