Teff flour mix:
- ½ Cup Ivory Teff Seed
- ½ Cup Water
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Frozen Bananas (chopped)
- 2 ½ Cups Plant Milk (eg. almond, coconut, rice)
- 2 tbsp Cooked and Cooled Ivory Teff Seed
- 1 tbsp Nut Butter (eg. cashew, peanut, almond)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
1. Place ivory teff seed and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer covered with lid for 5-7 minutes or until cooked. Set aside to cool.
2. Place bananas, nut butter, milk, teff grain and cinnamon in a high speed blender and whizz till smooth.
3. Place ¼ cup cooled teff in smoothie glass.
4. Pour banana smoothies over teff and top with crushed nuts, nut butter and gluten free granola (Hippie Lane Rawnola is our favourite. You can find the recipe on the Hippie Lane app or via this link). PS. Their instagram account has lots of great gluten free, wholesome and vegan recipes we reckon our Teff Tribers would love).