1 1/4 cup of steamed and mashed pumpkin (roughly 1/4 of a butternut pumpkin)
1 can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1 cup of dried dates
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup Teff Flour
1 cup almond milk
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 160-180 degree’s celcius
2. Remove skin from pumpkin and steam until soft
3. Add pumpkin to a blender with the chickpeas (rinse and drain them), dates, teff flour, cacao powder, olive oil, almond milk, and salt.
4. Blend until smooth and creamy,add the baking powder and blend quickly.
5. Line a square baking tray (roughly 16cm x 16cm) with baking paper.
6. Pour the brownie mixture into the tray and smooth out flat (should fill the tray approximately 1.5cm deep)
7. Place in the oven for 30 minutes (or up to 45 minutes if you want it a tad drier, checking on it every 15 minutes) the top should look crisp and cracked.
8. Remove from oven and let it cool on the bench. Once cooled remove and cut 3×4 (12 slices)
9. Refrigerate for up to a week, dust with flour before serving. You may also like to serve them with a big drizzle of raw chocolate sauce make this by whisking 1 tbsp melted coconut oil, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tbsp raw cacao powder, then drizzle over thy brownies.