1 ¾ Cups Brown Teff Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Bi-carb Soda
60g Butter (melted)
½ Cup Cacao Powder
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Coconut Sugar
½ Cup Milk
100g Dark Chocolate (broken into pieces)
1/3 Cup Thickened Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda, cacao powder, and sugar into a mixing bowl & combine well with electric beaters.
3. Add in buttermilk, milk, eggs, and butter. Mix with electric beaters for 3-4 minutes, until glossy and smooth.
4. Grease a ring cake tin generously with butter.
5. Pour cake batter in evenly.
6. Place into oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and rest in cake tin for 10 minutes.
8. Turn out onto cooling rack until room temperature.
9. Place chocolate and cream into a heatproof bowl and melt over a pot of simmering water continuously stirring until the chocolate blends in with the cream to make ganache.
10. Remove from heat once melted and cool for 5 minutes.
11. Place cake onto a serving plate and pour chocolate ganache over the top.
12. Slice and serve!