1 cup ivory teff flour
1 cup raw buckwheat (buckinis)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¾ cup nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds, macadamias)
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup almond butter
1 tbsp tahini
2 -3 tbsp pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 130 degrees Celsius, fan-forced.
2. In a large bowl, place the teff flour, buckwheat, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, nuts, cinnamon and salt. Stir until well combined.
3. In a small ceramic bowl, place the almond butter, tahini, maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir until combined. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds or until warm. Alternatively, gently heat in a small saucepan until a runny consistency.
4. Pour the almond butter mixture and the coconut oil over the dry ingredients. Stir thoroughly until combined.
5. Spread over two baking trays lined with baking paper.
6. Baked for about 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.*
7. Serve with a smoothie bowl, yoghurt, coconut milk or on top of porridge.
*Oven times may vary.