Serves 3- 4 as a snack or side dish.
4 medium zucchini, sliced into rectangles
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 organic free-range eggs, lightly whisked
½ cup teff brown flour
1/3 cup almond meal
Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp sweet paprika
1 large, ripe avocado
½ lemon, juiced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Himalayan salt and cracked pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius, fan-forced.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic and olive oil. Using a pastry brush, coat each piece of zucchini in the oil mixture.
3. In a different medium sized bowl, thoroughly combine the teff flour, almond meal, salt pepper and spices.
4. Dip each piece of zucchini into the egg mixture then immediately coat in the flour.
5. Transfer each piece onto a large greased baking tray, ensuring that each chip is evenly spaced.
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the zucchini just feels soft when pierced with a fork.
7. Meanwhile, place the ‘dip’ ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth.
8. Served the baked zucchini fries with the avocado dip.