- 1/2 cup Brown Teff Seed
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Medium Cucumbers (shaved into long ribbons)
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Seeds (pumpkin & pinenuts)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard (seeded or dijon)
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar (or any vinegar)
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Stevia (if you’d like to sweeten it)
1. Pour the teff into a medium sized pot, add the water plus a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, with lid on and leave until all the water has been absorbed (roughly 6-8 mins). Remove from the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes (lid on) before taking a fork and fluffing the teff.
2. Add all of the salad dressing ingredients into a jar and shake until it turns into a smooth, slightly thick consistency.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the teff, cucumber, spinach, avocado and seeds. Mix well and drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.