Originally created by The Australian Gluten-Free Life Magazine back in 2016, this spin on the traditional ANZAC biscuit recipe is a free-from friendly treat that everyone will enjoy.
½ cup ivory teff flour
½ cup tapiocca flour
1 teaspoon xanthum gum
1 cup quinoa flakes
1 cup desiccated coconut
2/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
½ cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flours into a bowl and stir through xanthum gum, quinoa flakes, coconut and sugar.
- Place coconut oil, golden syrup and water in a small saucepan.
- Stir over low-heat until oil has melted. Remove from heat and add bi-carb soda.
- Pour oil mixture into flours and stir to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on tray. If mixture is too dry to hold, add an addition 2-3 tablespoons of warm water to the mixure. Use your palm to flatten until they are 1cm thick.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes (chewy biscuit) and 20 minutes (crunchy biscuit).
- Remove from oven and cool on tray before serving.