- 1/2 Cup Ivory Teff Seed
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Handful of Pecan Nuts (roughly chopped)
- Pure Maple Syrup
1. Place the teff seed, almond milk, coconut oil, cinnamon and sea salt into a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed and the mixture has thickened. Stir the mixture regularly, particularly towards the end of the cooking time, to ensure that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
2. Spoon the porridge into bowls and top with the pecan nuts and a drizzle of maple syrup. Serve with a little extra unsweetened almond milk if desired. Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for the next day.