- 1 cup Brown Teff Flour
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 2/3 cup Arrowroot Flour
- Good Pinch Sea Salt
- 5 tbsp Cold Coconut Oil
- 6 tbsp Iced Water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
1 1/2 cups ricotta
2 tablespoons honey
Pinch of vanilla
1 mango, sliced finely into segments
1/2 cup raspberries or berries of choice
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
Optional : edible flowers
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a 20cm tart tin with coconut oil.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs and rice malt syrup then fold in flour.
- Add coconut oil, iced water and knead all ingredients together well.
- Cover the dough with glad wrap and rest in the fridge for ½ hour.
- Remove from the fridge and roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper. Remove the top sheet and press the dough into tart tin.
- Cover with baking paper, place baking weights on top and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, take off baking weights and top sheet of baking paper, then return to the oven for 10 minutes to allow the tart to become slightly golden.
- Once cooked, set aside and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, whisk together the ricotta, honey and vanilla in a bowl. Spread the filling over the base of the cooled tart.
- Arrange mango, raspberries, pomegranate and edible flowers over the top of the tart and serve.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator 2-3 days.