- 1/2 Cup Brown Teff Seed
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Large Potato (cut into cubes)
- Large Handful of Spinach
- 1 Avocado
- Olive Oil
For the tahini dressing
- 2 tbsp Unhulled Tahini
- 1 Clove of Garlic (minced)
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Water to Thin
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
2. Place the cut potato on the baking tray, drizzle with some olive oil if desired and a sprinkle of salt. Bake at 180C for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked.
3. Coat the teff in a saucepan over a medium heat with 1 tbsp of oil for 1 minute. Add the water and a pinch of sea salt to the pan, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer, with the pan uncovered a\until all of the water has been absorbed (estimated 8 mins.). Once the water has been absorbed, fluff teff with a fork and tip onto a plate and set aside.
4. In the mean time, cut the avocado into cubes and wash the spinach.
5. Combine everything for the tahini dressing in a small bowl and whisk until everything is well mixed. It might take a little time, be careful not to add too much water at once. Start with 1 tablespoon of water and then add more as you go.
6. Once the potato is cooked, toss the avocado, teff and potato in a bowl together. Add spinach to the side and drizzle everything with the tahini dressing.