- 1/2 Cup Ivory Teff Flour
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 tsps Baking Powder
- 2 tsps Cinnamon
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Mashed Banana (approximately 3 bananas)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Coconut or Dairy Yoghurt
- 1 Banana (sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Small Plums (sliced)
- 1 Baked Green or Red Apple (optional)
Option: Edible cornflowers and maple syrup to serve
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the teff flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
2. In another bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, mashed banana, coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir well. Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Turn on your waffle maker and allow it too heat. Then cook the waffles for approximately 7 minutes or until golden. The mix should make enough for 6 waffles.
5. Remove waffles from waffle iron and slice on the diagonal.
6. Drizzle yoghurt around each plate, arrange three waffle halves on each plate, top with fruits, maple syrup and cornflowers and serve