1 cup cooked brown teff seeds (cooked in stock is best)
400g (1 can drained) butter beans
½ cup corn kernels
½ red onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs paprika
Pinch of salt
2 tbs brown teff flour
1. Place butter beans and corn kernels in food processor and pulse until quite smooth
2. Place bean and corn mix into a bowl.
3. Add in the cooked teff (3 parts water to 1 part grain, pinch of salt, lid on, bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 10-12 mins), onion, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and flour and combine really well
4. Divide burger mixture into 6 equally-sized balls, and place into a non-stick fry pan on low-to-medium heat (the mixture will be quite sticky and wet but will dry out with cooking)
5. Cook each side for 8-10 minutes, turning very carefully only once
6. Do not turn them before this time as they will not have cooked enough and will break apart.
7. Serve hot on a hamburger bun with lettuce, tomato, relish, fried onions and anything that takes your fancy!