- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Teff Seeds (cooked in stock is best)
- 400g (1 can) Butter Beans (drained)
- ½ Cup Corn Kernels
- ½ Red Onion (finely diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Brown Teff Flour
1. Place butter beans and corn kernels in food processor and pulse until quite smooth.
2. Place bean and corn mix into a bowl.
3. Add in the cooked brown teff (3 parts water to 1 part grain, pinch of salt, lid on, bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 10-12 mins), onion, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and flour and combine really well.
4. Divide burger mixture into 6 equally-sized balls, and place into a non-stick fry pan on low-to-medium heat (the mixture will be quite sticky and wet but will dry out with cooking).
5. Cook each side for 8-10 minutes, turning very carefully only once.
6. Do not turn them before this time as they will not have cooked enough and will break apart.
7. Serve hot on a hamburger bun with lettuce, tomato, relish, fried onions and anything that takes your fancy!