4 Fillets of Salmon or Ocean Trout (around 200 g each)
- Juice of 6 Oranges and 2 Lemons
- 2 Star Anise
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 stick of Cinnamon
- 5 tbsp Caster Sugar
Teff Tabbouleh and Dates:
- 150g Ivory Teff Seed
- 150g Brown Teff Seed
- 3 Roma Tomatoes (medium sized)
- 1 Spanish Onion (small sized)
- 100 g Parsley
- 8 Mint Leaves
- 5 Dates
- 2 tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
- 1 pinch of Ground All Spices
- 1 pinch 5 Spices Mix
- 200g Thick Yogurt
- 1 tblsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1 pinch of Zaatar
- 1 pinch of Dried Mint
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Put all the citrus glaze ingredients together in a pot and cook on a medium heat and reduce down to a quarter.
3. Cool glaze down and filter.
4. In a pot, add a tbsp of olive oil and fry the teff seeds for around 1 minute.
5. Add 1.5 parts of water & cook for around 8 minutes.
6. Remove from the stove and rest for another 10 minutes to let the teff let cool down.
7. Roast the salmon in the pre-heated oven for around 7 mins or until desired cooking preference occurs.
8. Cut the tomatoes in quarters, remove the inside and then dice.
9. Dice the onions, chop the parsley, mint, dates and cranberries and put in a bowl.
10. Mix the teff with all of the above tabbouleh ingredients together and dress with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
11. Meanwhile, mix all the labne ingredients together and set aside.
12. Plate up all ingredients and enjoy!