4 fillets of salmon or ocean trout around 200 g each.
Juice of 6 oranges and 2 lemon
2 star anise
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 stick of cinnamon
5 tbsp caster sugar
Teff tabouli and dates:
150g ivory teff grain
150g brown teff grain
3 roma tomatoes medium size
1 Spanish onion small size
100 g parsley
8 leaves mint
2 tbsp dried cranberries
olive oil, salt, and pepper.
1 pinch of ground all spices.
1 pinch 5 spices mix.
200g thick yogurt
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 pinch of zaatar
1 pinch of dryed mint
1. Pre heat the over at 200 degrees celsius
2. Put all the citrus glaze ingredients together in a pot and cook on a medium heat and reduce down to a quarter
3. Cool glaze down and filter
4. In a pot put a spoon of olive oil and fry the teff grain for around 1 minute
5. Add 1.5 parts of water & cook for around 8 minutes
6. Remove from the stove and rest for another 10 minutes to let the teff let cool down
7. Roast the salmon in the pre-heated oven for around 7 mins or as to your preference
8. Cut the tomatoes in quarter remove the inside and then dice it
9. Dice the onions, chop the parsley , mint , dates and cranberries and put in a bowl
10. Mix the teff with all of the above tabouli ingredients together and dress with lemon juice, olive oil , salt and pepper
11. Meanwhile, mix all the labne ingredients together and set aside
12. Plate up all ingredients and enjoy.