Makes: 24 biscuits
- 1 1/2 Cups Ivory Teff Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter*
- 1/2 Cup Walnut Butter*
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/4 Cup Rice Malt (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
* To make walnut or almond butter at home, simply throw a couple of cups of nuts into your food processor and keep blending until nut buttery. If it’s to make nut butter for spreading on toast etc you may even like to add some extra oil (almond, macadamia, coconut) to get it runny enough, and some sea salt. Feel free to swap walnuts with another nut or just use almond butter if easier.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl combine all of your ingredients.
3. Using your hands, roll into small balls of approximately 2 centimeters in diameter. Place onto prepared baking tray and flatten with a fork.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes, don’t overcook them because they will become dry. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray. The cookies with harden as they cool.
5. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
RECIPE IS CREATED BY Amy Crawford linked here