- 1/2 Cup Teff Flour (brown or ivory)
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 3 tbsp Chopped Parsley Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 2/3 Cup Plant Based Milk (almond, cashew, oat, rice)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 4 Fresh or Roasted Roma Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Avocado (peeled and sliced)
- 100g Goat Cheese
- 2 Limes
- 2 Cups Rocket or Shredded Red Cabbage
- Fresh Herbs Of Choice
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the teff flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, sea salt, nutmeg, nutritional yeast flakes, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk eggs, milk, coconut oil and pumpkin puree in a separate bowl.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir well.
4. Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Preheat waffle iron and cook the waffles for approximately 7 minutes or until golden. The mix should make enough for 6 waffles.
6. Remove waffles from waffle iron and slice on the diagonal.
7. Serve waffles on a bed of rocket/cabbage, topped with tomatoes, avocado, fresh herbs, goat’s cheese and a squeeze of lime.